Pumpkin Cream Cheese Blackberry Bread
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread with Blackberry Compote
Cream Cheese Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 2/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup blackberries
1 tsp white sugar
1tsp orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans or 1 6-pan XL Popover pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 egg and orange zest; beat with a handheld mixer until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, sift together 1 2/3 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, vegetable oil, 2 eggs and 1 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl; beat well.
5. In a small bowl combine blackberries, granulated sugar, and orange juice. Using a fork smash all the ingredients together. To avoid the blackberries from splashing up place a paper towel over the bowl while you smash everything together.
6. Slowly add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Pour 1/2 of the pumpkin batter into the loaf pans or the muffin pans then spoon 1/2 cream cheese mixture on top of this layer and then spoon some blackberry compote over this and top with more cream cheese batter followed by the remaining pumpkin batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes if in loaf pans or about 45 minutes if baked in the XL popover pans. Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.