Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon Tsang Stir-Fry Classic Sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup light soy sauce
2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon dry sherry
2 teaspoon Tsang Stir-Fry Classic Sauce
2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch / corn flour
Stir Fry Ingredients
4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
1 tablespoons minced garlic (approx: 4 large cloves)
1/2 tablespoon Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 red bell pepper seeded and diced
1/2 green bell pepper seeded and diced
8 dried chilies
4 green onions cut into 1/2" inch pieces
3/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Combine all ingredients for the chicken in a medium bowl, stir, and let marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk sauce ingredients together over low heat in a small sauce pan until sugar dissolves; set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, allow to heat up, then add marinated chicken. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes while occasionally stirring, until the edges are slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add remaining cooking oil into the same pan and stir in garlic, ginger, chili diced peppers and stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Once it begins to thicken slightly, add chicken back into the pan and pour in the sauce. Mix all of the ingredients with the sauce until the sauce has thickened, (about 2 minutes).
6. Stir in green onions, peanuts and sesame oil and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over steamed white rice.