There is something about letting your baby dress up and go outside of the house in a random costume.
When I got pregnant with my first daughter, I remember saying I would never EVER allow my kid to wear one of those ridiculous costumes outside of the house like all those other weird children I would see out and about ..... and then I lied.
Because there is LITERALLY no better feeling than seeing your child's face light up when you tell them it's OK if they wear their princess dress, candy cane night gown, cat ears, or unicorn costume to the mall.
They will skip to the car.
They will sing.
And ask if they are beautiful.
Yesterday we made some fudge.
Sugary sweet, Oreo fudge.
It was super delicious.
After I ate fudge ... I went to the mall with a unicorn.
It was magical.
I have never seen a more beautiful unicorn.
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
2 (12 oz) bags white chocolate chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups coarsely crushed regular Oreos (about 28 cookies)
Pinch of salt
1. Line a greased 9"x9" square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly (do not stop) until mixture comes to a slight boil; cook for another 3 minutes while stirring constantly then remove from heat.
3. Add white chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos, and pinch of salt. Stir until the white chocolate chips are completely melted.
4. Pour fudge into your prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 2 cups of Oreos (these should be roughly chopped) over the fudge, gently pressing cookies into fudge so they stick a bit.
5. Cover the fudge and chill in the fridge for one hour, until firm. Serve at room temp.