Lemon Bread with Blueberry Butter
Can we all just talk about my blueberry butter ...
It's pretty amazing, right?
Yeah, I think so too.
Pretttttttty damn clever if you ask me.
Pretty damn tasty too!
That totally just reminded me of the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy does the commercial for Vitameatavegamin .... Have you seen that?! "It's so tasty too!"
Such a great episode.
Why do I always get off topic?
Lemon Bread! Yum!
Blueberry Butter Ammmmmmaaazing!
Make this recipe!
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Blueberry Butter
Ingredients for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (or 2 large juicy lemons)
Zest from the 2 lemons
Ingredients for Blueberry Butter
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened.
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp dried blueberries (grind them in a food processor)
2 tsp sugar
Violet food color gel
Directions for Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and Grease 2 standard loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and white granulated sugar. Pour in the poppy seeds and combine.
3. Add oil, eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon juice from two large lemons. Mix until everything is combined. (About 1 minute) Do not overmix.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pans.
5. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Prepare butter as follows below.
Directions for Butter
1. In a small bowl combine butter and crushed dried blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest. Mix everything together until well combined.
2. Add food coloring gel until you reach your desired shade of color. Mix well.
3. Scrape butter from bowl onto a large piece of parchment paper. Roll the butter and form it into a log. Chill for two hours before slicing.