Yesterday we were all sitting around trying to come up with restaurant recipes that we could duplicate at home. Sort of like "copy cat" recipes. Well, well, well ...... Karen, who does all of the accounting and billing, random not fun paperwork, and supply shopping over here at Lilyshop piped in and said she had an amazing recipe for Copy Cat Red Lobster Biscuits so I put her to work and let me just tell youuuuuuu, these biscuits are freaking awesome. Cheesy, buttery, flakey goodness. They are better than the real deal as far as I am concerned. Scroll down for her fabulous recipe and I recommend adding the extra garlic if you like the seasoning because these are delicious!
Please note: All hate mail and thank you emails can be directed to Karen because you will undoubtedly eat at least a half dozen of these.
Karen's Copy Cat Red Lobster Biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons white sugar
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (medium or sharp)
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter, melted
1½ teaspoons Lawry's Garlic Powder (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add the melted butter, milk and cheddar cheese until moistened.
4. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon onto a silpat or a lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in oven until golden brown on the edges 10-12 minutes.
6. While biscuits are baking, melt butter in small bowl. Add garlic powder, mixing well. Using a pastry brush coat the tops of the biscuits with the garlic butter mixture. Serve warm.
Karen's Tip: For additional garlic flavor add some of the Lawry's Garlic Powder to the biscuit mix (¼-½ teaspoon).
Karen's Tip Tip: Want an even easier recipe? Use Bisquik mix and make the drop biscuit recipe on the back of the box. Add the cheese, melted butter and milk to the batter and top with the same garlic butter topping.