At this point it's really no secret that I am a total nerd.
I watch I Love Lucy everyday.
I bake in my pajamas with a ridiculous apron on.
I was on the golf team in High School.
I seriously enjoy getting that box of airplane food.
And I fight to the death when I play a board game.
Soooo let's add these cookies to my list of my super cool self.
You don't only eat to these babies .... but you can play with them too.
Yup, say it. That's raddddddd.
Just go with it.
3/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined.
3. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Mold onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours.
4. Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut with sharp knife in to rectangles about 2" long. Use candy stick to make Domino dots and the back of the knife to create the indentation in the middle. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown barely. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Once cool, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Using a candy stick put little drops of chocolate on the domino holes. Let dry.