Kelly's Super Healthy Veggie Quinoa Side Dish
My Aunt Kelly makes this totally awesome tasting, and still totally healthy veggie quinoa. She actually made this big bowl of yumminess today, so of course I ate about two cups of it.
I was super pumped to be on this veggie-inspired diet all day ......
and then I totally ate 4 pieces of See's Candy chocolate left over from Christmas
..... ugh ..... and a donut hole.
Kelly's Super Healthy Veggie Quinoa
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups chicken broth (or veggie stock)
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup broccolini
1. Combine stock and quinoa in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until completely tender and all the stock has been absorbed. This takes about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and then pan roast Brussel sprout halves, cauliflower, and broccolini until just starting to brown.
4. Remove from heat and mix veggies with the quinoa.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.