Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
It's officially fall! Bring on the spooky decorations, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, and Christmas music! This is my favooooooorite time of the year so I feel like every day should be a little bit more special than the average day.
You know what I'm saying?
Do not evennnnn pretend like you aren't already listening to Christmas music in the car!?
Lily and I cannot be the only people with Mariah Carey's "What I want for Christmas" on full blast.
Ok, so today I kicked up super simple pancakes and made them Pumpkin Pie style. You know me, I want to keep it easy so I used the basic pancake mix and just kicked it up with a few ingredients. You will all LOVE them! I promise.
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with Candied Pecans
Ingredients for Pancakes
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1/3 cup water
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
Ingredients for Candied Pecans
2 cups pecan halves
4 tablespoons butter, salted
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan for pecans over Medium-High heat. Add pecans and toss to coat.
2. Add sugar to pan and stir until pecans are caramelized. About one to two minutes. Remove from heat and spread on wax paper to cool. Set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick griddle on medium-high heat with no butter or oil.
4. Combine all pancake ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until mixed.
5. Use a 1/3 cup scoop to pour batter on heated griddle. Do not use butter or oil. The key to a perfectly even pancake is to pour the batter directly on the non-stick griddle. When batter starts to bubble on one side flip your pancake and cook for approximately one more minute.
6. Serve warm with syrup and candied pecans.