Egg White Breakfast Burritos
I started making these breakfast burritos two years ago because I was tired of eating a granola bar every single freaking morning. I originally made these bad boys with ham and cheese and they were absolutely delicious, but this week I made a healthier version.
Healthy Egg White Breakfast Burritos
(Makes 18 burritos to store in the freezer)
18 Low Carb tortillas or wheat toritillas
27 large eggs (or 39 egg whites)
2 large Bell peppers (which ever colors)
1 large white onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Canadian Bacon (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers and cut lengthwise into strips. Slice onion into thin slices.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Crack your eggs in a large bowl and firmly whisk together with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
4. Cook all eggs slowly until completely scrambled.
5. Start filling all your tortillas. It's easiest to measure out all the eggs first then go ahead with the toppings. If you choose to add cheese just sprinkle on top. Same with bell peppers and spinach. Don't worry about cooking the spinach. It will wilt from the heat of the eggs and will re-heat in the morning in the microwave.
6. Roll your burritos individually in parchment paper and store in the freezer in a tight Ziploc bag. Best to microwave the frozen burrito in the parchment paper for approximately 1 minute, 20 seconds on the high setting.