Chicken Lettuce Cups
It's a new year which means there is never a better time than to start eating more healthy. These chicken lettuce cups are the perfect healthy snack or lunch to get you though the day. The sauce is what makes these bad boys shine though. It's seriously delicious. Whip up a double batch and save it in the fridge. I promise you will love it.
Chicken Lettuce Cups
Ingredients for Chicken Filling
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup white onion (chopped)
4 oz Water chestnuts (drained and sliced or minced)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbs rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 head butter lettuce
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Dipping Sauce
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
1. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and saute the ground chicken until it is cooked through and no longer pink. This takes about 5 minutes.
2. Lower the heat a bit and add 1/2 cup chopped white onion and 1/2 can of water chestnuts. You can find these in the Asian aisle at your local grocery store. You can get the minced chestnuts or you can slice them smaller if you get the halves. I promise they are super good in this dish.
3. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and two chopped green onions.
4. Now to this add ¼ cup soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 1 tbs rice wine vinegar, and some freshly grated ginger. Saute all of this for about one minute then remove from the heat and set aside in serving bowl. Add salt and pepper if desired.
5. To prepare the dipping sauce you are going to whisk the following in a small bowl; 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, ½ a teaspoon of sesame oil, and a tablespoon of Sriracha sauce for some spice. Just whisk everything together really well and serve with butter lettuce leaves on the side.
Want to make healthy habits part of your everyday routine with Airborne Everyday immune support plus multivitamin? Check out the video and learn more about Airborne Everyday immune support plus multivitamin and get the recipe here! [Chicken Lettuce Cup Recipe] Thanks Airborne Everyday! This blog post was sponsored by Airborne Everyday.
Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe adapted from the amazing Eat.Drink.Love!