Today just happens to be my very favorite National Holiday. Can you guess what day it is? National I Love Lucy Day of course!
“I Love Lucy”, starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance and William Frawley made it’s official debut on October 15, 1951. In four of its six seasons, I Love Lucy was the most watched show in the United States and in my house it is THE most watched show. You know you have done well, when your five year old wakes up and asks for you to put "I Love Lucy" on : ) To celebrate today I decided to whip up something very special from one of my favorite episodes. If you haven't seen the "I Love Lucy" Chocolate Factory episode where Lucy and Ethel stuff truffles in their faces, you may be living under a rock. It's hilarious, comforting, and it makes you want chocolate. Scroll down for our easy peasy semi-milk chocolate truffle recipe.
Semi-Milk Chocolate Truffles
1 8 oz package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
4 oz. Milk Chocolate
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until completely smooth.
2. Gradually add your sugar and mix until combined.
3. Melt all your chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring in between, every single time).
4. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled and shape into 1" balls.
6. Roll your balls (I laugh every time) in your unsweetened cocoa and eat immediately like me or store in refrigerator like a good person.
Recipe adapted from KraftRecipes.com