According to Wikipedia, the term worm is used to describe a creeping invertebrate animal with no limbs. It is also used to describe a deceptive and cowardly, weak, despicable individual. Hmmmmmmmmm. I have come across a couple worms in my life.
Unlike the worms mentioned above, these worms below are rather delightful as they are made with cherry Jell-O!
They also make a super fabulous dessert for Halloween. Mmmmmmm. Get out your fancy bendable straws and Jell-O and stay clear of any unsavory worms as they are not welcome : )
2 boxes raspberry jello (3 oz) (Or Cherry if you want bright red)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (adds firmness)
¾ cup whipping cream
3 cups boiling water
15 drops green food coloring
100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
tall container (a quart milk carton works well)
1. Empty the gelatins into a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir.
2. Let it cool until lukewarm then add the green food coloring and whipping cream. Stir to combine.
3. "Flex" out all your straws. Place them flex side down in your container. It should be a snug fit. If not, you can use additional straws to fill the gaps or just wrap a rubber band around the straws.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the container of straws. Let it set in the refrigerator until firm. Approximately 4 hours.
5. To remove the worms from the straws grasp the non-flex end with one hand and squeeze them out with the other. You can also use a rolling pin to push them out. If they are being stubborn a bit of warm water can help ease them out of the straws.