How to make a cake with a heart inside
Mother's Day is right around the corner so I thought this would be the perfect cake to make with my two girls. And everyone gets a kick out of the heart in the center of the cake! Howwwwww did you do that!?? Howwwww is that possible? Well, I will show you! Scroll down for the tutorial.
Mother's Day Heart Cake
1 Box White Cake Mix
Food Coloring or food color gels
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
2. Read the back of your cake mix box and make the white cake according to the instructions on the back. Add food coloring and set aside.
3. Thaw your pound cake and slice it into 2" slices. Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts in the center of each pound cake slice. Set aside.
4. Pour only about one inch of cake batter into the bottom of your prepared loaf pan and cook just the two inches for about 10 minutes and remove from oven.
5. Now carefully place your pound cake hearts all in one row UPSIDE DOWN in the middle of your cake. The reason they are upside down is so they sit correctly.
6. Now pour the rest of the cake batter all over the pound cake hearts in the pan and bake it at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let cool before flipping over onto your desired platter.
7. Frost if desired and serve.