Homemade Snickers Shortbread Bars
Don't get your Snickers in a twist! Hehehehhee.
This is the BEST dessert recipe we have ever come up with. No .... for real life. OMG I just ate four and it's 10 am. These are perfect for any day, any holiday, and just life in general. I promise you will love them and so will everyone else. And if you find someone who doesn't you really should let that person go. Just saying :)
Holy Moly Good Snickers Shortbread Bars
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line an 8" X 8" pan with parchment paper making sure there is paper over the edge. This will help when removing the bars from the pan.
2. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, beating again until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Add flour, ½ cup at a time. Make sure it is well combined and then add the rest of the flour. Mix well.
5. Dump dough into the prepared pan. Press down gently to the edges - don't pack it. (Laying a piece of wax paper over the dough before pressing down can assist with spreading and leveling.)
6. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until the top turns light brown Cool completely.
Nougat Layer Ingredients
11 oz bag caramels
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
Chocolate layer Ingredients
11.5 oz bag premium milk chocolate chips
1. Place caramels and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until combined and smooth. Add peanuts and stir, coating thoroughly. Spread nougat over shortbread covering it completely. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool.
2. Place a little over half of the chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir after each round. Add remaining chips to melted chocolate. Stir and let sit for a few minutes then stir until melted and smooth.
3. Spread melted chocolate over the nougat layer. Allow to cool at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.