Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie with Sunflower Seeds
Life is so weird. When you're a kid you want to hurry up and grow up and then as soon as you are all grown up you just want to be a kid again. Dreaming of make believe, Santa, big cookies, and naps today. Xx
Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie with Sunflower Seeds
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Covered Sunflower seeds for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 14-inch, light colored, round pizza pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper. You can also use a large cheesecake pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add each eggs, beating well after each one.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a whisk. Add to the butter mixture, mixing well to incorporate.
5. Add add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan and use your hands to press down into a round.
6. Bake until the edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. 25-30 if you are using a cheesecake pan.
7. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. If you wish to decorate with chocolate covered sunflower seeds simply attach with buttercream frosting.
8. To serve, cut like a pizza into slices.