Salmon toast is my happy place. We pickled radishes, cucumbers, and onions last week I used these pickled radishes on my salmon toast today and they were amazing.
Thick whole grain bread slices (toasted)
Smoked salmon (thiny sliced)
Pickled radishes (Recipe below)
Soft boiled egg slices
1. Fill up a medium pot with water and let the water come to a light boil. Reduce the heat and let the water reduce to a rapid simmer. Gently lower the eggs into the water, one at a time. Cook the eggs for 5 to 7 minutes: For 1 to 2 eggs, cook 7 minutes for a barely-set yolk. Remove from water and set on counter to cool.
2. Toast (1) 1" thick piece of whole grain toast and spread creme fraiche on one side.
3. Layer pieces of smoked salmon on top of the creme fraiche, followed by pieces of avocado, slices of egg, pickled radish slices, capers, and finally sprinkle with a little dill. For my pickled radish recipe see below!
Pickled Radish Recipe
1 bunch radishes (about ½ pound), stem and ends removed and cut into ⅛ inch slices
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup white granulated sugar
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1. Place radishes in a clean 1-pint jar. Bring vinegar, sugar, water, salt, and spices to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Pour hot pickling liquid over radishes. Wipe jar rim and add lid and tighten. Let cool on counter for about 3 hours. Chill for 24 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 4 months.