And the pumpkin continues .... This week we made pumpkin fudge and it was a total hit. If you like super sweet desserts and the taste of pumpkin this one is for you : )
Chewy Pumpkin Fudge Bars
2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Spray a glass 9 x 13 inch pan with pam and set aside.
2. In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a slow boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Cool for 2 minutes then add 1/2 cup marshmallows and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the top. Gently press down and let completely cool. Remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.