10 cups of cubed bread (mixed) dried out a bit (1/2 Corn Bread and 1/2 French Bread)
2 cups celery diced
1 cup onion diced
1 - can 14.5 oz chicken broth
1 1/2 - sticks butter melted
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 - tsp pepper
1- tsp poultry season
1 - tsp salt
1. Sauté diced onions and diced celery in 1/4 stick of butter over low heat until translucent (About 5 minutes).
2. Remove from heat and add pepper, poultry seasoning and salt to vegetables. Stir to combine and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Grease crock-pot (sides and bottom) with butter. Pour can of chicken broth into crock-pot.
4. Add the two beaten eggs and cubed bread to the crock-pot. You can use any bread you have. In the video we did 1/4 corn bread, 1/4 wheat, and the rest French. I personally like all french bread but my mom would yell at me if she read this and tell you all to do at least some corn bread : )
5. Pour all sautéd vegetables and add remaining one stick of butter (melted).
6. Combine everything very well and place in crock pot for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on High. Serve warm.