Ughhhh why can't it be winter already so I can be in super comfy pajamas, on the couch ... with a warm blanket, the fireplace on ... coffee in hand, maybe a board game (OMG, did I just say that out loud) ...... an episode of I Love Lucy .... and S'mores. Mmmmm.
Reality Check: It's 84 degrees today and I'm in my office daydreaming with the air conditioning roaring and an episode of Dora the Explorer on in the background.
A girl can dream right?
Regardless .... these S'mores Raviolis are pretty ahhaaammmmazing.
S'mores Ravioli with Strawberry Puree
Pillsbury roll out pie crust
Flat marshmallows (In the marshmallow aisle)
(2) XL 4.4oz Hershey's milk chocolate bar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 pint fresh strawberries
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Roll out the pie crust and cut into 12 even pieces.
2. Place one piece of Hershey's chocolate on every other pie square. Cover each piece of chocolate with a flat marshmallow and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
3. Cover each ravioli with another pie crust square and crimp the edges with a fork.
4. Place all the raviolis on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash and bake for 8 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
5. While your raviolis are baking you can prepare the strawberry sauce. Wash strawberries and remove stems, roughly chop.
6. Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. The mixture will sizzle for a while, but then juice will begin to form. Continue stirring; mash a few strawberries with a wooden spoon to help produce the syrup. Cook until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and puree 2/3 of the berries in a blender, then mix back into the rest of the remaining topping. Drizzle over the raviolis. Store in refrigerator separately if not serving right away.