Nutella Brioche French Toast
You know that feeling when you make eight individual servings of banana Nutella French toast and then you eat six of them yourself over the course of one weekend?
It's really not even breakfast.
It's more like dessert, but I called it French toast so I'm going with it.
I wanted to eat it for breakfast.
And then every other meal this weekend.
Nutella Banana Brioche Bread Pudding
1 loaf fresh Brioche bread
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup Nutella
1 cup Half n Half
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 large or 2 small ripe banana(s) (Mashed)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Cut Brioche into 1 inch slices
2. Spread Nutella between slices (like a sandwich)
3. Cut sandwiches into cubes and set aside
4. Butter an 8" x 8" pan (or) eight 3" ramekins
5. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar, milk, half n half, vanilla, salt, and mashed banana. Whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
6. Place sandwich cubes in prepared pan or ramekins and spoon mixture on top until half full with mixture. Refrigerate for one hour.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
8. In a small saucepan, melt 3 tbs butter over medium heat, stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until combined, about 2 minutes.
9. Drizzle topping over French toast
10. Bake French toast ramekins for 25 minutes, cover with foil and bake for another 5-8 minutes. If using an 8" x 8" cook for 25 minutes, cover with foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes.