I mean is there anything better than fried cheese?
Yesterday was cheese ball day. I actually had no idea until someone tweeted me.
I couldn't pass it up.
I mean it was cheese ball day! I had to make a cheese ball!
And although I didn't post in time .... it's here today and we have a little twist.
This cheese is baked - not fried! Yup, breaded cheese that's actually a "little" better for you : )
1/2 cup Panko crumbs
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
16 oz whole Mozzarella cheese
Arugula lettuce w/ lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice your mozzarella in 1/2" thick slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Combine Panko crumbs and bread crumbs in a skillet and cook on medium high heat until golden brown. About five minutes. Pour crumbs into a glass pie plate.
4. In another glass pie plate add your two eggs and beat until fluffy.
5. Add your flour to the third glass pie plate.
6. Remove your mozzarella from the freezer and dip in the flour first. After your coat the slice of cheese in the flour, dip it in the egg. Completely cover then dip into the panko crumb mixture and set back on parchment paper lined sheet. Do the same with the rest of the cheese slices.
7. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for approximately 8 minutes.
8. Serve over marinara sauce with some fresh arugula on top and a little squeeze of lemon.