DIY Cadbury Eggs
I looooove Easter. Mostly because I love candy and all things sweet, but Easter is one of my very favorite holidays. I have made this no-bake cheesecake recipe a hundred times with a delicious buttery graham cracker crust but this time I put the cheesecake inside this delicious milk chocolate egg and it is seriously irresistible! I made these babies last week on Home and Family on the Hallmark Channel so if you missed the episode you can watch it here: Jessie Jane makes homemade Cadbury Eggs or scroll down for the recipe.
I found a similar recipe on Raspberricupcakes.com and she made hers with a special mango sauce. Her pictures are to die for.
Pictures courtesy Jeremy Lee from Crown Media Inc.
Cheesecake Filled Cadbury Eggs
No bake Cheesecake Ingredients
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
12 hollow (2") chocolate easter egg shells (mine are from Cost Plus)
5oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Cheesecake filling with yellow food coloring or Lemon curd or caramel topping
1. Using a small serrated knife, run it under hot water and then quickly wipe it dry and carefully cut off the top of your chocolate eggs.
2. Place all your sliced eggs in the fridge in an ice cube tray or egg holders to chill before you add the filling.
3. Place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
4. Carefully whip the heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl to stiff peaks. Then gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until everything is smooth. Don't over mix.
5. Sprinkle about a tsp of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each egg and pipe the mixture into the prepared chocolate shells. Chill eggs for at least 30 minutes to allow them to set. Top eggs with a dollop of caramel sauce or lemon curd.