Fancy Lemon Drop Jell-O Shots inside a Lemon Peel
Fancy Lemon Drop Jell-O Shots
8-10 large lemons
2 packages lemon Jello (3oz)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup lemon vodka
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup ice cold water
Sugar for dipping (optional)
1. Halve your lemons (lengthwise) and scoop out the insides, leaving only the peels. Use a grapefruit knife or a sharp mini melon baller to hollow out your lemons. Make sure to completely clean out your citrus or the pulp will show through the Jell-O wedges and SAVE the pulp for the lemon juice.
2. In a large bowl, combine the 2 boxes of lemon Jell-O with the one cup of boiling water. Stir until the Jello is completely dissolved.
3. Add the vodka, lemon juice and cold water to your dissolved jello. Stir well.
4. Place emptied lemon halves on a baking sheet or use a muffin tin to hold them upright. Pour mixture into the citrus and chill overnight.
5. Use a very sharp, straight edge knife to cut into wedges. Do not use a serrated knife or it will leave marks. (We learned this when cutting our giant Jell-O watermelon)
6. Serve with sugar. If you dip in sugar serve immediately because the sugar will start dissolving on the wedge.