Someone told me that if you post a picture of your giant Pop Tarts you will get more likes on Instagram?! So I did.
And that person was correct. So here is me and my Pop Tarts and my homemade giant pop tart! Scroll down for the recipe!
Giant Pop-Tart Recipe
Ingredients for Pop-Tart
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
6 to 8 tbsp ice water
1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves (or your favorite flavor)
Ingredients for Glaze
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
** TIP: If you don't have time to prepare the homemade crust you can substitute 2 sheets of refrigerated pie crusts for the dough.
1. Put flour, sugar, and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a couple times to mix. Add about half of the butter to the food processor and pulse several times. Then add the rest of the butter and pulse 6 to 8 times until the largest pieces of butter are about the size of large peas.
2. Sprinkle the mixture with about 1/4 cup of cold ice water and pulse again. Then add more ice water (just the water, no ice), a tablespoon at a time, pulsing once or twice after each addition until the dough just barely begins to hold together.
3. The mixture is ready if it sticks together when you pinch some of the crumbly dough together with your fingers. You will still see little chunks of butter and that is totally fine. Do not add too much water! Gather the dough and press into a mound.
4. Divide the dough mixture into two even-sized mounds. Use your hands to form each one into a disk. Do not over-knead it!
5. Sprinkle each disk with flour, wrap each one in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for one hour or up to 2 days.
6. Remove one crust disk from the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes in order to soften just enough to make rolling out a bit easier. Roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch rectangle; about 1/8 of an inch thick.
7. Gently lay the pie dough rectangle down on a piece of parchment paper and add the strawberry filling , spreading it evenly and leaving a one inch space all around.
8. Roll out second disk of dough, as before and gently place on top of the filling. Pinch top and bottom of dough firmly together and use a fork to gently crimp the sides.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool.
10. Mix confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Pour onto Pop-Tart and top with sprinkles.