I decided to raise my laugh quota. Meaning, it's time to cry a little less. Stress a little less. And just laugh a whole lot more each day. Did you know that the average four year old laughs 300 times a day and the average 40 year old, only 4 times a day? That's crazy! Laughing is good for the soul.
Every time you laugh, you let go of your ego - your controlling exterior. You become vulnerable and believe it or not that is super attractive. You feel more optimistic. It makes you friendlier, obviously happier, and more resourceful.
Last night I played airplane with Lily and Olive and they kept flying off my legs into the couch. We laughed so hard we were practically crying. It felt good to just let go.
Think happy. Be happy.
Eat zucchini fritters.
4 cups shredded zucchini
⅔ cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
⅓ cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sour cream (optional for serving)
1. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
2. Set a colander over a bowl. Place the shredded zucchini in the colander and sprinkle lightly with 1/4 tsp salt. Let sit for 10 minutes then squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the zucchini using your hands and a paper towel.
3. Place the flour, eggs, ⅓ cup scallions, remaining salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the zucchini and mix until well combined.
4. Coat a large saucepan liberally with vegetable oil and place over medium heat. Scooping about 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture at a time (an ice cream scoop works well), drop in the heated pan and flatten slightly into rounds. Space them 1-2 inches apart. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan to the lined plate. Immediately sprinkle with extra salt.
5. Serve hot with sour cream if desired and top with additional sliced scallions.