Japlapeño Cheese Bacon Bombs
What is it about the smell of bacon first thing in the morning that just makes you smile? It's one of those smells that actually makes you feel good inside. Eating bacon while still in pajamas is probably the ultimate happy combo. It's like you smell bacon and you let go of whatever else was worrying you. I should make bacon everyday because letting go is probably one of my biggest difficulties. I hang onto memories like they are gold. Almost like I cannot make new memories. It's so silly when you think about it.
I have made thousands of memories. Good, bad, happy, sad. And they are just that, memories. Now I may have watched Inside Out one too many times in the past week with my kids, but honestly, there is a lot to pull from that movie. Memories are important because they shape who you are as a person, but they are in the past. It's not your path to life. There are people in my memories that won't be in my future. And there are memories I have that make me smile, and will forever. I have been working on "letting go" for the past 6 months and it's astounding how much you can accomplish when you let go of the past. It's not easy, that's for sure. It takes long chats with friends, plenty of inspirational quotes in group messages, loud music, loads of guacamole, special vodka lime cocktails, chocolate and obviouslyyyyyy bacon. But, as they say, you can't drive forward if you're still looking in the rear view mirror : )
If you want to make some awesome new memories make these jalapeno cheese bacon bombs because they are seriously the shiznit and you will cry tears of pure bacon happiness. Xx
Jalapeño Cheese Bacon Bombs
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 slices bacon, fried crisp and diced (2 for crumbling)
3 tablespoons diced jalapenos or to taste (fresh or canned)
¼ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Unroll the dough onto a cutting board. Pinch the seams together to form one large rectangle. Slice the dough into eight equal squares with a serrated knife or dough cutter.
3. In a medium bowl combine the softened cream cheese, 4 pieces of bacon (chopped), jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Mix until thoroughly blended.
4. Place a generous spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of each dough square. Fold up the corners of the dough to the center. Press the seams together to seal.
5. Place the bombs on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Top with remaining bacon crumbles. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Buns in my Oven!