Needless to say we had a very happy weekend.
These donut pancakes are pretty happy too : )
Ingredients for Pancakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoon
ons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
8oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 Heavy cream
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides. Set on a cutting board.
3. Using your donut cookie cutter, cut all of your pancakes. If you donut cookie cutter, use a circle, then flip over a shot glass or use a smaller circle to cut the hole in the center.
4. In a small microwaveable bowl melt the chocolate and heavy cream at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
5. Pour over donut pancake stacks and sprinkle with sprinkles.
TIP: If you have a non-stick pan, this works great for perfectly brown pancakes. (No oil needed) You can also use store bought pancake mix.