Animal Cookie Brownies
My spirit animal is frosted and covered in sprinkles : )
Fun fact: Mother's cookies was founded in 1914 when Woodrow Wilson declared that Mother's Day would be a national holiday in the USA. Interesting, right!? I know! I love random facts. I also love brownies with circus animal cookies!
Animal Cookie Brownie Cupcakes
Ingredients for Brownies
3⁄4 cup shortening
3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
2 1⁄4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1⁄4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup premium milk chocolate chips
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
1 cup butter (room temperature)
3 cups sifted powder sugar
1-1½ tsp vanilla extract
1-3 tsp heavy cream
neon pink food coloring gel
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
3. Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat and stir in cocoa. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients then add in the milk chocolate chips and mix to combine. Do not overmix.
6. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do not over bake or they will be dry.
7. Cool completely.
8. Using a stand mixer, cream butter for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the powdered sugar, about a half cup at a time, and mix. Once the sugar is incorporated increase speed and whip for 2 minutes.
10. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
11. Add cream, a teaspoon at a time, until the frosting reaches the consistency you desire. Add food coloring and mix until blended.
12. Using a round tip fill a pastry bag with frosting. Frost each cupcake and top with sprinkles. Garnish with an animal cookie.
TIP: If you do not want to make brownies from scratch buy the Ghirardelli Brownie Mix. It's amazing!