Rice Krispies Treat Easter Surprise Eggs
I feel like I have this weird obsession with baking things and putting other things inside. First my Thanksgiving thank you note crescent rolls ... then my cornucopias, my Valentine heart surprise cookies ..... and now my giant Rice Krispies Treat Easter egg. I don't know what it is. It's just fun to open something up and get a little present I guess! Well, this one is easy. And it's fun for the kids. Check it out.
To make these eggs you will need a Wilton's Mini Wonder Pan. You can buy it on Amazon or at Michaels.
Rice Krispies Treat Easter Eggs
3 tablespoons butter
1 (10 oz) bag of regular marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
12 oz White Chocolate
1/2 tsp vegetable shortening
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add your Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated with marshmallow mixture.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into the Wilton's Mini Wonder pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and scoop out the centers of the eggs. Eat or set aside.
4. Fill eggs with candy.
5. Melt your white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted. Add vegetable shortening and stir to combine.
6. First spread a little white chocolate on the edges on the egg and carefully stick your egg together. Refrigerate for 5 minutes until firm.
7. Now you can completely coat the egg with white chocolate and coat with sprinkles if desired.