Homemade Oatmeal Bars
If you follow my blog you know how often I go antique shopping. There's just something so peaceful about quietly looking around the store, trying to find the perfect treasure. Well my new collection is old recipes. Whenever I see a set of old recipes I grab them. Some of them are totally random, but others have turned out to be quite fabulous. It's pretty fun looking through them to see what you got.
This oatmeal bar recipe was taken from a sheet of paper I found at my antique store. Someone took the time to write this recipe down and detail every ingredient. Someone probably loved this recipe and now it has a new home. My home! And hopefully your home.
There is no name on this recipe so ... to whomever came up with it, thank you, thank you, thank you! I changed the recipe slightly as I didn't want to add all the dried fruit and the original recipe made a crazy amount of bars. I also doubled the coconut. My Aunt Kelly swears by these. Enjoy!
Best Ever Oatmeal Bars
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer blend sugars and butter on medium until combined.
2. Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
3. Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until well combined.
4. By hand add coconut and oats. Combine everything and pour into a buttered 8x8 pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 min.
6. Remove from oven. Let cool. Cut into bars.