Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Bars
Strawberry Shortcake Bars
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick salted butter (8 tablespoons)
6 oz strawberries, pureed (about 1 cup of whole strawberries)
5 strawberries thinly sliced length-wise
1 small banana, pureed
2 tablespoons of flour
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 stick of butter (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
2. Add in melted butter and mix to combine.
3. Press graham cracker mixture on bottom of 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes until slightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4. Add 1 cup of strawberries and banana to food processor and pulse until pureed; set aside.
5. In another medium bowl combine sugar, flour, egg and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer beat until combined. Add in pureed strawberry mixture and cream cheese and mix until combined and smooth.
6. Fold in your 5 thinly sliced strawberries (these will look pretty when you slice your bars).
7. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. While cheesecake bakes you can make the streusel. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and crumble together by hand. Butter should be soft, but not melted. Once it looks crumbly you are good to go.
9. Remove pan from oven after 30 minutes and sprinkle streusel on top. Continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes. Remove and cool shortcake bars before cutting.
10. Store in refrigerator.