Did you know that this Saturday, August 10 th is not only my little brother's 20 th birthday, but it's also National S'mores Day!? Why yes it is ya'll. So I expect everyone to indulge in some ooey, gooey, chocolatey s'mores on Saturday! And I seriously do not even have to go into how good this bad boy s'mores pizza is ..... Graham cracker cookie crust, melted milk chocolate and gooey marshmallows. Holy freaking cow it's good.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Frankie!
I love you.
Chocolate Chip S'mores Pie
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, (room temperature)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar (can not be omitted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (11.5 oz) bag of premium milk chocolate (I use Guittard Milk chocolate)
1 bag mini marshmallows
1. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter for about 1 minute on medium speed. Once smooth, add the sugar on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar (this is important because it helps the pizza rise).
3. With the mixer on low speed, add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once combined, you can fold by hand. Now preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
4. Spray your large spring form pan (or two small spring form pans) with non-stick spray and start pressing down your cookie dough. I made the edges a little higher on the sides so it looked like a pizza crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the cookie crust from the oven and take off the spring form siding, but leave the cookie crust on the base. Sprinkle the center of your cookie with about 1/2 your bag of milk chocolate chips. They will start to melt so just use a spatula to spread all around the center. Leave a crust on the edges so it looks like pizza.
6. Sprinkle the center with marshmallows and place it back in the oven for 2 minutes. Watch it carefully. Serve immediately or save and heat up for one minute prior to serving.