Flower Pot Brownies
Happy Earth Day! Wake up and smell the roses because it's time to get your green ON!
We're celebrating with these gorgeous brownie filled terracotta pots. Aren't these gorgeous!? Real flowers. Real brownies ~ cooked right inside the terracotta pots. I'm in love!
Chocolate Brownie Flower Pots
Ingredients for Brownies
10-12 (2") Lead FREE Teracotta pots (check the bottom of the pot)
4 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar, sifted
1 cup granulated sugar, sifted
8 ounces melted butter
11/4 cups cocoa, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut your parchment into circles to fit the bottom of all your terracotta pots. (*Make sure your pots do not contain lead) Spray pots and parchment circle with non-stick spray.
3. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat eggs at medium speed until fluffy. Add sugars and remaining ingredients. Combine well, but do not over mix.
3. Pour the batter into prepared flower pots. Only fill about 3/4 full. Place all the pots on a baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut a wide straw in half and insert into the middle of the brownie. Pull the straw out and empty it of any brownie crumbs then place back in the center and fill with real flowers. ONLY use edible flowers (even though you wont be eating them) - Gerbers, roses etc.