How to make Halloween Chocolate Turtles
Chocolate Halloween Turtles
4oz pecan halves
24 Kraft caramels
1 tsp Crisco (shortening) *optional
11.5 oz Guittard milk chocolate (or other premium chocolate)
Wilton Candy Eyes
Wilton Candy Knives
1. Place your pecan halves in a Y shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 3 Pecans to each grouping. Space them about 2" apart on the sheet.
2. Unwrap the caramels and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. If your caramel is too stiff you can add a teaspoon of cream or the crisco to make it softer.
3. Allow the caramel to cool slightly, then use a spoon to drop caramel over the pecan clusters.
4. In a separate bowl microwave 3/4 of your bag of chocolate chips at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until everything is melted. Once the chocolate is meted, pour in your remaining chips and stir until those melt (now your chocolate is tempered). Spoon your chocolate over the melted caramel and pecans. It's OK if it doesn't look perfect. They are supposed to be uneven.
5. Let cool on counter for about 8 minutes then add scary candy eyes and knife. If the chocolate is still too warm, wait another couple minutes. Cool in fridge on your baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.